Enough hay for 7?

Tara95

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
MVIMG_20210425_205940.webp
Hi this is a photo of how their cage currently looks. We're due a full cage clean tomorrow and the majority of the hay is old that they like to sit in/sleep in. The fluffier parts of the hay is new hay that I have added. Is this enough Hay for 7 pigs?
The hay amount varies throughout the day and depending on the type. MVIMG_20210421_175013.webp I generally stuff the hay cube like this when I have boxes of Timothy hay but in between deliveries I tend to use the cheaper above hay which the guinea pigs aren't overly keen on and I tend to be a bit more stingier with it in between deliveries.
I'm starting to think that this isn't enough for them as there is 7 and perhaps thinking about creating a seperate hay area or Perhaps increasing the amount in that space? What does everyone else think?
Many thanks

I think it looks great!
Lucky piggies ❤️

Looks fine. As long as they are all a healthy weight and not losing any weight then that would be a good gauge.

Wow they are having fun there with all that grass 😁 I don’t think you need to worry about hay, there’s plenty there too x

I think it looks great!
Lucky piggies ❤️
Looks fine. As long as they are all a healthy weight and not losing any weight then that would be a good gauge.
Wow they are having fun there with all that grass 😁 I don’t think you need to worry about hay, there’s plenty there too x
I agree it looks like a really good amount of hay.
Lucky piggies.
That’s a goodly serving of hay :D
Thank you guys! Sorry completely forgot I had posted 😂😅. I just wasn't sure because there's so many and they always seem to be squeaking louder these days playing mind games. 😂😅. Thank you all so much for your replies.xx and lol! X

I tend to feed each piggy a pile of hay the size of their body daily and then add in a handful or two of 'special' hay (more expensive stuff).
Your piggies look very happy with their hay piles.

I tend to feed each piggy a pile of hay the size of their body daily and then add in a handful or two of 'special' hay (more expensive stuff).
Your piggies look very happy with their hay piles.
Thank you :)

Back