• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Enlarged kidneys

• Thread starter Thread starter Karenza
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karenza

We have just got back from the vet who has diagnosed my little piggy as having enlarged kidneys with a potential infection (there are traces of protein and blood in her urine). Does anyone have any experience of this type of problem, and is there ANYTHING at all I can do to help her get better and feel more comfortable. She is now on Baytril.

Many thanks

ps she is ony 4

awww i'm sorry to hear that Karenza. :'( i don't have any experience with this, but i would imagine, make sure she drinks plenty and still eats, and just keep her warm and comfy and give her loads of gentle atteneion. sorry that i don't know. sending loads of love and massive hugs and healing kisses to you and your little baby. :-* :-* :-* :-* :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I dont either Karenza but Karen or Mary will be along to advise soon I am sure, they are very experienced as are some others on here. Wishing you good luck though :)

I am afraid there is nothing to de done about enlarged kidneys,except maybe feed him a diet high in diuretic properties.These include celery,parsley dandelion and cucumber.

Septrin is the antibiotic of choice for urinary infections.

Enlarged kidneys are usually genetic.

Hi Mary,

thank you SO much - she is on Baytril at the moment - I'll ring the vet first thing in the morning and see if we can go onto septrin. She seems a little brighter (out in their run in the sunshine). Thankfully they all always INSIST on cucumber for breakfast and I'll add the other things too.

Thank you all for your kind words - they are deeply appreciated - it really helps.

Thank you SO :) :)

I'm so very sorry to hear about this. Sending healing kisses to your little one :-* :-* :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back