Eglu door

Nicinoonoo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi

My 3 piggies are housed indoors but we use a Omlet walk in run with an Eglu go! Hutch for shelter. This works great.

I would never use the eglu as hutch or shut them in, however I’d like to improve their comfort by making the door a little smaller to keep the cold out and make them feel safer. Has anyone made any changes to the eglu door? I’d love to see

Could you somehow fasten some correx to it with a hole cut out? But then they shouldn’t be out of it’s cold enough for it to be cold in the eglu.

It’s just to make it feel more secure and kept any draft out. The opening of the eglu is quite large

It’s just to make it feel more secure and kept any draft out. The opening of the eglu is quite large
The eglu really is only appropriate in very limited conditions - it is too hot with poor ventilation in Summer and too cold with no insulation in Winter.
Rather than spending a lot of time and effort adapting it, I would looking into getting a more appropriate outdoor run for your piggies.

We find a regular metal run on the grass with a few wooden houses and a tunnel or two perfect for a few hours outside in good weather.

The piggies love the eglu. The door is a personal niggle I’m just interested to know if any other forum users have changed the door.

We don’t need a new run. The eglu sits within a huge walk in run and provides a great outdoor space for them. We use tarpaulin over the run (it’s 6ft8 high) to keep them shaded and dry. They also have plenty of other hideys to choose from.

They also have other hideys and places to hang out within the run but if the weather turned unexpectedly I have the reassurance that the eglu is going to give them a safe dry place to cuddle up before I bring them back indoors

Back