Eating things they shouldnt!

• Thread starter Thread starter baby piggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby piggie

When i have my piggie out i normaly have some kitchen roll near to mop up any little accidents, but my piggie likes to rip up the paper and eat it! I try and stop him but sometimes he does it too quickly and gets a good mouthful, does it harm them? Its just plain kitchen roll, no patterns on it. He really seems to LOVE ripping it up and having a wee munch - does anyone know if it harms him?

I shouldn't think it would harm him in small doses really. My piggies love to chew on newspaper. They regularly pull their bedding up and rip a bit of paper off the bottom of their cage. Bit minging really since it's most likely soiled paper. I might start giving them a scrunched up ball as a toy in their cage.

will my max eats newspaper - he will move his dish out of the way to get to it never done him any harm

:) Mine like paper bags stuffed with hay to play in, the big feed sacks are fun as they usually have two layers :) When finished simply throw away :)

My boys eat news paper the girls couldnt care less I have no idea why its just the boys! :)

It won't do him any harm, however, I would avoid letting him eat it as much as possible. My guinea also at times tends to eat newspaper, it's normal behaviour really. :)

my boars like eating kitchenroll too! I use it to mop up the many puddles they kindly leave for me on the conservatory floor, and they usually tear a mouthful off and run off with it before I can catch them! I can't see it being very good for them - the white stuff is bleached.

gingerpig said:
My girls don't touch the newspaper, how odd! Is it just a boy thing, do you think?
Some of my girls eat newspaper too, or maybe my girlies are just odd :-\ ;D

Mildred eats newspaper and she likes to nibble on the tea towel that I wrap her frozen water bottle in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back