Eating newspaper!

• Thread starter Thread starter CharlieandLola
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CharlieandLola

my guinea pigs have just recently started ripping up and appear to be eating the newspaper at the bottom of there cage, is this ok or should I be worried about ink poisoning?

Hiya,

Isn't newspaper soya based so it should be ok? Mine do it too. I tell them not to and that usually works! Good piggies! :D

Louise
x

Depends which newspaper you use. Find out which then go on their website and email them to ask if its soya based. Better safe then sorry!

If its the Times, its fine as it is a very educational paper ;D
Sorry, only kidding....I think in general it is fine for them to eat newspaper, mine do it too. I am careful about a lot of coloured ink though :)

Am I imagining this or did I read in my Peter Gurney book that it's fine, as long as they don't read it first...

all my piggies like a munch on the newspaper, especially the telegraph lol It hasnt done any harm to any of them and they dont eat the hole lot just a bit here and there. :)

Hehe as long as it is not the S*n. I must say I do find cleaning the hutches and cage a lot simplier since changing over to newspaper and hay. When I was uneducated and used woodshavings there was twice the mess! :)

Louise
x

I have just started newspaper and I thought that my pigs would like to eat it because they are nibblers but they haven't bothered with it yet.

My guinea's don't like that Kate Mccans head, They always go for her first . She's always in the news paper and my guinea's seem to go Under the sawdust just to eat her if they see her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back