Easibed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone ever heard of Easibed?
I went to an exhibition yesterday and was given a leaflet about it. Its essentially finley shredded wood fibre - supposedly dust free
The leaflet says suitable for guinea pigs.
I had a feel and its no sharper than a sharp bit of hay

Does anyone have an opinion on this product?

Hi to you i posted a thread on here about easibed as we have been using it for a few months now here is the thread

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=11722.0

I was on the easibed website and found easibed plus that has a fly repellent in it so i emailed them and here is the reply

Thank you for your enquiry about using easibed plus for your guinea pigs. We have had a lot of positive comment about how good easibed is for guinea pigs and I'm pleased to be able to tell you that easibed plus is equally ideal for them. Not only does it contain an effective fly deterrent, but also a safe, totally natural hi-tech additive that makes easibed plus the ultimate in hygienic bedding, so your guinea pigs will be able to enjoy living in a very clean, fresh and comfortable environment.
I hope this information helps you, please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any more details.

Kind regards
Karen McAndrew
Products Customer Services Supervisor
0161 301 6581

we have got our first bag of easibed plus two weeks ago and it is great no more wee black flys buzzing around and it has a nice smell hard to explain just a fresh smell if you know what i mean the bedding itself is very very soft and comfy for the wee ones and easy to clean out we pay £7 for normal bale and £8.50 for the plus and one bag lasts us over a month with 6 wee pigs in 3 hutches and we fully clean them out every 3 days and we put plenty in i hope this helps all the best

pigsdad O0 O0 O0

Thanks Pigsdad - very helpful.

Have you observed any differences to your pigs since using this?

My main interest is that Merlin is a beautiful but dirty boy who loves nothing more than having a wee lying down and as he wees all the time it seems (he can do two on my lap in the space of 45 minutes!) i am looking for a more suitable solution for his own comfort. The guys on the Easibed stand advised that this is natural and yet absorbant

I might try a little bag

I would want to know the ingredients- what the repellant was. There was concern over Nedz Bedding a while ago that contained Eucalyptus. Doesn't Easibed contain shavings? Have you tried Aubiose? Or Medibed? Or a short hairstyle LOL!

hi i just copied this of easibeds website i know it is for horses but is used by many small pet owners i can confirm myself it is totally dust free none whatsoever not even at the bottom of the bag when it is empty as for the repellent i do not know what type it is but it is organic and that sounds good to me here is the link to easibed website i hope all this helps

http://www.easibed4animals.com/index.htm

even more benefits

easibed plus was launched just as potential problems affecting a stabled horse or pony’s lungs and respiratory system, were being increasingly recognised. As more horse owners started to understand how things like dust, ammonia, airborne bacteria, viruses and even flies could actually be the cause of many breathing problems, so the realisation that choosing the right bedding could help reduce these problems, grew significantly.

Now widely available and recognised as a unique and highly advanced dust free bedding, easibed plus has rapidly become the obvious and ideal choice for the cleanest and healthiest stables. It contains well-researched active ingredients that help to significantly reduce known contaminants in the stable environment and suppress stable odours. Extensive trials in a wide variety of yards have confirmed that easibed plus can also help support improvements in respiratory health and function.

When it comes to flies, easibed plus is a fabulous choice as it contains a really effective fly deterrent, which means there’s no need to fly-spray stabled horses and there’s no irritated stamping of feet to mess up tidy beds. Feet benefit in other ways too, with reduced exposure to both the horn-damaging chemicals in droppings and wet beds and the bacteria that can cause foot problems like thrush and seedy toe.

Add in all the benefits of easibed and it’s easy to see why easibed plus has the potential to enhance performance and is now widely used in not just competition yards, but also veterinary hospitals, referral centres, racing yards and by studs and breeders around the world. There’s every chance it could save you money on veterinary bills too! In fact easibed plus is so advanced that it comes with a 100% money back guarantee – which really does underline just how good this bedding product is.

…and there’s more…

As two of the ‘greenest’ bedding products available, easibed and easibed plus are widely available nationwide and can be safely stored outside in robustly packaged 25kg bales, which is deal whenever space is a premium, especially in the wetter months of the year.

Both products also have the Organic Farmers and Growers Association approval, allowing them to be spread on organic farmland in conjunction with other organic practices.

pigsdad O0 O0

I'm not sure what to try to be honest or where to get it. Easibed does contain shavings I think and the forum seems divided on if they are suitable or not.
Megazorb looks fantastic but i have no idea where to buy it in small-ish amounts

There seem to be a lot of alternatives so I need to investigate thoroughly and maybe get Merls to road test a few. He beds on newspaper and hay atm and seems happy enough tbh

His tummy hair is quite short already - its not nice kissing a tummy covered in dried wee :(

He was on Medibed here and fine. Problem with shavings and longhairs is them getting tangled in the coat and in places where the sun doesn't go ;) Howabout Vetbed? That would work. My own personal opinion on Megazorb is Yuck! Won't even try something that I don't like to handle myself. ::)

hi billies mum if you give me your address i can send you a jiffy bag of easibed just so you can see what it looks like not a problem just pm me
pigsdad O0 O0

Ooh, interesting - I've just started using Easibed for the bunnies, and didn't realise it contained a fly deterrent. :-\ I still use megazorb for the piggies. The reason I've switched for the bunnies is because they are always getting GI stasis, and the vet once found a load of megazorb in their poops. I would imagine that megazorb would swell up a lot more, and I can't see them eating Easibed by accident (the Megazorb is so fine, that I think they were munching it up in their hay without meaning to.

Hi pelicano only easibed plus has the fly repellent not the basic easibed just to clear that up. what do you think of easibed my wee pigs get on fine with it and it is not like shavings but small bark chippings that are really soft O0

pigsdad O0 O0

Oh I see! Thanks for that. :)

It's just the standard one I'm using. I don't think it's as absorbent as megazorb, and it does smell 'woody', but I am definitely going to stick with it for the bunnies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back