• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

earwax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i've just checked my guinea-pig's ears and he has little bits of what looks like earwax. I'm not sure if they get that but just asking coz it seemed obvious, and if it is, what would be the best way of removing it? or can he do that himself? its just, as i have him out and about to bath him so i thought i'd ask beforehand.

Yes they can get earwax and it needs to be cleaned out because a build up can attract mites.
Ootodox on a bit of cotton wool is a good way to clean this.Just wipe round inside the ear lobe,do not poke into the ear.
If the build up is persistant clean the ears every week.

Funnily enough i have just done Gilberts, good old ottodex, do the dogs and piggys every friday.

Amy.x. :smitten:

Otodex is available from pet stores.

Tip from me= warm olive oil works just as well,and if you have olive oil in your store cupboard anyway,saves buying the Otodex.!.

Cool, thanks! We have plenty of that in the cupboard :) Couldn't give Harvey a bath yesterday, he was making too much fuss so I thought it was best to leave him for the evening and try today at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back