Ear bite

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 154969
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 154969

I have a boar pair. They’ve been scrapping and sorting out the pecking order for a few weeks (they’re only 14 weeks old). Tonight we heard a huge squeal and when we went to see what it was, one pig had a bleeding ear where he’d been bitten. I asked previously about whether this pair was working and they have been fine until now so now I’m not sure what to do or what even happened. 😭 My poor little Eddie pig.

Sadly your boars are right near the teenage phase (4-14 months of age) where if they’re going to fall out, now will be the time 😞

Sadly, once blood has been drawn, they have fallen out and should be permanently separated. However, sometimes a nip to the ear can just be a warning.

I would be on high alert and be prepared to separate on a permanent basis should there be anymore scuffles x

I have a pair of boars. When they were younger I found an ear wound on Mischievous Master Boris. I don't know what happened, it might have been over zealous ear grooming as I wasn't seeing any aggressive behaviours from Dignified Sir George. They are still together and happily bonded so it's not necessarily the end. Please read the suggested links and keep an eye on them. I hope they are ok.

Back