Dust free hay and bedding

piggles 7000

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 5 (Manor Pet Housing) piggie cages indoors in my spare room for my 10 piggies. I'm finding it difficult to find a bedding that doesnt leave tonnes of dust around with that many cages in one room. Ive tried fleece but live in a small house and its difficult to find places to dry the fleece in winter (and keep up with the washing too if I'm honest). I tried the "tea bag" bedding (on top of puppy pads) which I liked and wasnt expensive or dusty at all but you have to change areas of it daily and I worry that they might eat it. It would be interesting to know what other people think of this.
Also for the same reason, can anyone recommend hay that is good and reasonably dust free?
Thanks!
I have a dust extracting air filter which certainly helps too

I use aubiose or megazorb (just whichever one I can get hold of). If I cant get either then I use Snowflake Soft chip as a third preference.
I get all my hay (meadow and soft Timothy) from Haybox on subscription. It's always lovely hay and dust free.

I use aubiose or megazorb (just whichever one I can get hold of). If I cant get either then I use Snowflake Soft chip as a third preference.
I get all my hay (meadow and soft Timothy) from Haybox on subscription. It's always lovely hay and dust free.
Thank you. I was going to ask about soft chip
Many thanks for the recommendations

Thank you. I was going to ask about soft chip
Many thanks for the recommendations

Soft chip is really good and I like it as bedding for my piggies. The only reason it comes as third choice for me is because I dont find it quite as good for my rabbits and prefer megazorb for them - if I had the space to store one type for the bunnies and another for the piggies then I would!

Back