Dunelm bath mats + washing machine

Spaniel

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone use the Dunelm bath mats? I really like them but I cannot for the life of me get them to balance in the washing machine! I’ve tried washing 2,3 and 4 at a time, tried adding a small piece of vet bed or two with them but no luck. It will spin but just before/as it’s building up speed, it makes a right racket!

The machine is 7kg and the bath mats weigh 340g each. Help!

I am not posh enough for the Dunelm bath mats, all mine are Tesco or home bargains!
Often it's down to one of the drum thingamajigs getting worn in the machine. Anything heavy will probably cause the same as the weight distribution becomes uneven. I was having that with the machine at my old house but no problem with the new one we just bought here.

I am not posh enough for the Dunelm bath mats, all mine are Tesco or home bargains!
Often it's down to one of the drum thingamajigs getting worn in the machine. Anything heavy will probably cause the same as the weight distribution becomes uneven. I was having that with the machine at my old house but no problem with the new one we just bought here.
Oh that’s funny because I see Dunelm as similar to Tesco, Home Bargains etc :)) Thought they were cheap bath mats - £6. They’re thin but nice and soft.

The machine does need replacing. We were meant to get a new one beginning of the year but haven’t been able to yet. Perry keeps spending our money on different hays and vet bills.

They are cheap! Maybe it's because every time I've been to a Dunelm I've chosen the most expensive stuff! If anyone in your house is good at that sort of thing, try using you tube to find the part needed and how to replace it. It's not a difficult job, I've done that it in the past and it's very cost effective

My washing machine makes a bang when it starts a spin. It only does it for their washing or our towels.

They are cheap! Maybe it's because every time I've been to a Dunelm I've chosen the most expensive stuff! If anyone in your house is good at that sort of thing, try using you tube to find the part needed and how to replace it. It's not a difficult job, I've done that it in the past and it's very cost effective
Nope, we’re rubbish at most things! :))

My washing machine makes a bang when it starts a spin. It only does it for their washing or our towels.
Maybe it’s normal then and I should just add more if it’s going to do it anyway?!

The best balanced one strangely is two IKEA bath mats which are heavier but only on one particular setting, with certain extras selected! I tried to recreate it with other washes but no luck. Washing machines are weird!

It might be that your washing machine not standing level on the floor or your floor is uneven. I had this problem with a Hotpoint years ago, it was particularly sensitive to an uneven floor and heavy objects when on spin cycle

make sure you fill up the drum with washing, that should help

It might be that your washing machine not standing level on the floor or your floor is uneven. I had this problem with a Hotpoint years ago, it was particularly sensitive to an uneven floor and heavy objects when on spin cycle

make sure you fill up the drum with washing, that should help
The floor is laminate and it does slope slightly. It’s also ‘bouncy’ so that doesn’t help. Balanced the best we can but yeh, it’s probably not perfect to be honest.

The floor is laminate and it does slope slightly. It’s also ‘bouncy’ so that doesn’t help. Balanced the best we can but yeh, it’s probably not perfect to be honest.
I used to have problems with the delicate wash. All the lovely fine items used to just go round and round in the drum without spinning for hours 🙄 and by the time I noticed or came home from work they would be ruined

We have 2 Dunelm bath mats, they are washed in the washing machine, but never washed together. Always with other pee pads, it’s the ikea ones that our machine struggles to balance 😂

My washing machine has good days and bad days with all the brands of bobble mats I’ve got (including Dunelm). It seems there’s a weight sweet spot when it will happily spin but frequently I find sodden mats where it hasn’t spun properly and I have to wring them out and re-spin. Unfortunately I still haven’t worked out the sweet spot 😂

We have 2 Dunelm bath mats, they are washed in the washing machine, but never washed together. Always with other pee pads, it’s the ikea ones that our machine struggles to balance 😂
My washing machine has good days and bad days with all the brands of bobble mats I’ve got (including Dunelm). It seems there’s a weight sweet spot when it will happily spin but frequently I find sodden mats where it hasn’t spun properly and I have to wring them out and re-spin. Unfortunately I still haven’t worked out the sweet spot 😂
The elusive sweet spot! I can’t work it out either. So annoying.

My machine will spin bathmats okay as long as I only put 2 in with other fleece. It took a while to work this out when the machine kept refusing to spin! I think more than 2 mats is too heavy.

10 :yikes:

Is your machine 7kg? I’d love to wash 10 at once. I’ve risked 4 so far and there was still lots of room in the drum.
Its 9kg. I stuff them in just leaving a little bit of space, probably enough to fit one more in if I really tried, but I think that would be too many.

We use noodle mats and they are very difficult to get the wright right. One of these days the washer will be found on the other side of the basement. What an awful noise! We can not get to the machine fast enough🤣

Back