Dumb Guinea Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs Pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello my guinea pig is dumb. She doesn't go up and down the ramp (mostly) and when you lift the hiding cover all the others run back to the main hutch but not her. Any ideas how to train her or general ideas. She is the cutest thing ever though.
45139-509c16241157f1a55cd5ab77ed6ffc2c.webp 45138-a5fe6dca29a63876b5be5e96aa54531d.webp

She''s gorgeous ! Personally, I would love her just the way she is ! How many companions does she have ?

She seems extra brave/tame. She could also have some eyesight problems (maybe her eyes or maybe the hair in her eyes). Just love her a lot. It might scare her to go on the ramp. :)

How long has she had access to the ramp?
My 3 live in a two tiers run and whilst Eddi worked out the ramp within 24 hours of arriving, it took the girls a bit longer.
It isn't because they are dumb - it's just because some piggies will embrace new things faster than others.
Plus it isn't natural for them to use ramps, so you need to be sure it is only gently sloped and isn't slippery at all.
I am certain she will work it out in her own sweet time.

My experience is that she will learn from other pigs (if it's something she wants to learn! LOL!) All of my new pigs had a hard time figuring out the ramp in and out of the cage at first, but learned from watching the resident pig who already knew how it worked. Some of my pigs have been good problem solvers and very good at manipulating things in the environment (both Linney and Hadley would not call it a night until they had removed every item from the lower stair in their hallway!), but other pigs never paid any attention to things that weren't right in front of them. I do think some pigs are smarter than others, but mostly I think it's down to personality types and how bold they are.

My experience is that she will learn from other pigs (if it's something she wants to learn! LOL!) All of my new pigs had a hard time figuring out the ramp in and out of the cage at first, but learned from watching the resident pig who already knew how it worked. Some of my pigs have been good problem solvers and very good at manipulating things in the environment (both Linney and Hadley would not call it a night until they had removed every item from the lower stair in their hallway!), but other pigs never paid any attention to things that weren't right in front of them. I do think some pigs are smarter than others, but mostly I think it's down to personality types and how bold they are.
Thanks for the advice but she is gone now.

I am thinking of creating a Photoshop canvas to remember her. What do you think collage canvas or single picture.

I am thinking of creating a Photoshop canvas to remember her. What do you think collage canvas or single picture.

I do love canvas' but it would depend on the picture you have in mind and what type of photo you'd prefer.

Its a lovely idea x

You could do a colection of different picks put together to make a piggy collage
Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back