• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Duke is home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
from the vets :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: and he didn't have to have any anaes so that is a big big plus O0
They've syringed out the wound and removed most of the puss etc... wont describe it to you :P and shaved under his chin so no hair can get in the wound. I have to flush out the wound twice a day and do a post op visit next Monday unless i feel it necessary to go back sooner.
The girls were very pleased with him cause he did nothing but munch as soon as he was put back in his holding pen :smitten:
Took him home and the nose was up in the air sniffing away he was very happy to be home :) I've come back to work but Dee is home on 'watch' and i left him happy as little piggie munching away on leaves and some cauli O0
Thanks for all the lovely words and texts from you all, it's meant a great deal to have that support :-* :-*

awww thats great!
I'm glad everything went ok,give him our love and a big kiss on the nose :smitten: :smitten:

Aww thanks yep when i got the call it's was like hold in the breath and then she told me the good news, whew i can breathe again O0
Love to you all too :smitten: :smitten:

Well done darling Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Glynis, so sorry I haven't been able to post more - I know you know about the crappy computer at my parents' then the phone line probs I had in Bath.

well done Duke you smart piggy I knew you had it in you to come through this episode with no worrys, you keep eating and get your strength back sweetie pie your mummy is so worried about you, but we all know that you are being so spoilt, nice one Glynis give him a kiss from me and my furballs :-* :-* :-* :-*

Lucinda said:
Well done darling Duke :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Glynis, so sorry I haven't been able to post more - I know you know about the crappy computer at my parents' then the phone line probs I had in Bath.

It's ok love, totally understand :smitten: our phone bills are gonna be expensive this month eh ;D ;D

Sorry unable to get on line last night, we had a power surge in the area, had power as such but the internet failed :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
i was not happy i can tell you >:(
Duke is pretty happy he's eating away and barely lost a gram after yesterdays proceedure so that's fantastic. Having no anaes was the big plus O0
I checked him a few times during the night, 'more food please' was the look i got each time, and then when i took down food he chattered his teeth at me cause it wasn't what he wanted ::) so back up stairs and got more of his fav leafy stuff but more cauli and corn as well. He's eating lots of his pellets which is really good cause this will help with the toofie prob O0
He hates his wound being cleaned out, don't blame him, but he does carry on a bit ::) It's looking alright, not pleasant but nearly totally drained of all the gunk now.
Thanks for all the lovely words and your support :smitten:

wonderful news :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

furryfriends said:
Wonderful news! :D

I had to smile at him chattering his teeth at you cos you got the wrong food! That is so like Badger! :)

I either get the chattering teeth or the 'look' and then he turns and all i get is his butt too look at ::) :-*
Ahh i still don't mind tho, at least he's talking to me :)

what wonderful news, and you keep telling your mum if she gets the wrong food for you darling, mummy must get it right for such a brave little man naughty mummy ! ;) keep getting better and eat all your pellets up to help your nasty teeth probs, :smitten:

Thanks everyone, he must be listening ::) cause he's eating his carrot, well the nice soft inner part ;), and lots of veggies and wait for it, broccoli :o :o just a bit but i'm so glad that he's now trying his broccoli and carrot again, it's good for his teeth O0

Special thanks to you all :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: and from Duke :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Cheeky boy was up tonight, we had dinner with our neighbours (also friends) and he thought it was fabulous having new friends to feed him :o :o ;D ;D ;D
He now weighs in at a good 700+

Thanks for all your advice and support O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

O0 brilliant news, i am so happy for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back