• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry Skin ?

Rcbecca

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,
We recently adopted 2 guinea pigs and its all been great so far! But overnight one of our pigs Basil seemed to develop something hard on his chin. We thought it was just a bit of hay or food but it was attached to his skin (photos attached). This now (the following day) seems to have fallen / ripped off and now its quite red. Any idea what this could be? Maybe just dry skin or something more serious and does anyone have any advice? :) thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_7754.webp
    IMG_7754.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7765.webp
    IMG_7765.webp
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7764.webp
    IMG_7764.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of guinea pigs. I might be wrong but it looks like boar glue to me!

Yes that would definitely make sense hahah! Aw stress over😅 I will keep an eye on it but that adds up, thanks for your help! Would never have thought of that

Attachments

• IMG_7713.webp
    IMG_7713.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7695.webp
    IMG_7695.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7692.webp
    IMG_7692.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7542.webp
    IMG_7542.webp