• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry skin between toes

• Thread starter Thread starter Racheylcg
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Racheylcg

Hi guys, I think milly has some dry skin between her toes
I've heard of poderdamatatis(or however you spell it), but I dont think its thats. The bottoms of her feet seem quite dry, but the webbing between her toes are a bit cracked and dry. What shall I do?

first of all, maybe a change of bedding? she could be allergic to what your using if its bad..

make sure she is clean at all times and its not urine scald, as that can make the feet sore if they sit in their own wee after then have wee'd

check out www.gorgeousguineas.com they do allsorts of creams etc if you email the lady who runs the site and tell her your problem she may be able to find something to help :)

failing all that maybe a trip to the vets.

There was another thread on here a short while back about sore feet and I think a cream called bepathen (sp?) was used. It is a baby nappy rash cream. See if you can find the thread or failing that as Spudnik says try GG :)

You could safely use either Kamilosan cream which is formulated for sore nipples in humans,or Bepanthen which is a nappy rash cream.Both of these products are safe if the piggy ingests them,and they are available from chemists or some supermarkets.

Pododermatitis causes swelling of the pads which often become ulcerated.

Thanks for all your input
I think I'll use Bepanthen as I know where to get it and itss quite cheap
As for the bedding allergies, I use hay over newspaper, so the hay could be sharp on her feet :-\

Try using vet beds over newspaper.This is what I use. They are softer on the feet and keep the pads dryer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back