Dry Shampoo Or Bath ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigpi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,
While browsing the local pet shop I noticed a new shampoo for guinea pigs and rabbits. What interested me was that you didn't have to add water just rub it into their hair. My piggies are due their spring bath but bathing is so difficult as they both hate it. They squeak and squirm and are then in an awful mood for the next few days.
Toby suffers from dandruff and greasy hair so I wondered if this would do the trick. I normally use the shampoos from gorgeous guineas.
Has anyone else ever used any products like this before and would it help his dandruff ?
Thanks
Pip

Personally I'd stick with gorgeous guineas shampoos. I never like dry shampoo myself, it always left my head itching. That's the last thing you want with piggies.

I would stick to shampooing too, using an anti-fungal shampoo.

new piggy owner question... how on earth do i know when my piggies need a bath?!

They will look greasy or may smell a bit. If you have boars then their grease gland needs cleaning regularly.

I don't bath mine much between November & March. Mine all got their first bath of the year just over a week ago & remarkably all 7 were very well behaved considering a 6 month break. I'll bath them every 1 to 2 months till October. The boars sometimes smell so if they do I'll bath them unless a baby wipe does the trick.

Thanks, I was a little unsure so I'm going to stick to the normal stuff though I am going to order the anti fungal stuff. I brushed their hair today and his seemed a little better but it's much thicker than my other piggy so it's hard to tell.
Thanks again for your advice.
P.s I didn't wash my guinea pigs hair until they were over one year old, unless they are boys they don't normally need a bath anyway:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back