• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dry patch thinning fur

• Thread starter Thread starter kaysmimi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaysmimi

Hi , My name is Fran I have a 2year guinea pig named Butterfly she a sweetie I've noticed she has a dry patch on her back and he hair is thinning any idea's on what to do I have her on a dry guinea pig diet also fresh vegtables n fruits I've had other guinea pigs b4 but this is a first with this problem shes bathed every few weeks and brushed daily her cage is always clean I use yesterdaynews as litter
Any input would be appreciated Thankyou

Could be mites, or could be a fungal problem (or indeed both). Guinea pigs are prone to both. Are there flakes of dandruff?

When my little one had mites his skin was very dry and flaky. He gradually lost more and more hair to the point where he looked shaven. I found my little man to be going crazy with itching but he only let on to me at the very last minute when all the symptoms appeared (loss of weight, really hating to be touched, hair loss which appeared quickly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back