Drinking.

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I've noticed the girls don't drink a whole lot, it's evident they're urinating because the areas in the hay they like to toilet are regularly damp and so is the bobble may underneath. They're absolutely fine in themselves, hyper as ever and generally just sweethearts.

Are Guinea pigs big drinkers?

Could they be getting enough water via their veg? (Romaine lettuce, celery, cucumber, red pepper and coriander with an additional rotating veg of an evening)

Should I try different bottles? A bowl perhaps?

They will be getting water from their veg. Water consumption varies massively between individual piggies so as long as there isn't a sudden change to habit, they are otherwise well and still urinating they will be fine

They will be getting water from their veg. Water consumption varies massively between individual piggies so as long as there isn't a sudden change to habit, they are otherwise well and still urinating they will be fine
Thank you. There's been no sudden change, they've never been big drinkers (I fill to the same line every day to monitor) They do take some water but not a lot, saying that what might seem "not a lot" to me might be plenty for their tiny little selves.

Back