Dried forage.

Jenni85

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Any recommendations for dried forage? And is it something you should give daily or just as a treat?

It depends what type it is - some you can give a small amount of daily, others you’d want to keep a bit more limited. As all the water is taken out of it, it’s other nutrients become concentrated so they are all slightly higher in calcium etc.

Dried forage obviously forms part of the dry diet ie pellets. Mine get either dried forage or pellets but never both on the same day. I am now feeding the new pellets from Piggie Parcels as well as their dried forage so I give pellets about four days a week (used to be three when I was using a commercial pellet brand) and forage on the other three days.

It depends what type it is - some you can give a small amount of daily, others you’d want to keep a bit more limited. As all the water is taken out of it, it’s other nutrients become concentrated so they are all slightly higher in calcium etc.

Dried forage obviously forms part of the dry diet ie pellets. Mine get either dried forage or pellets but never both on the same day. I am now feeding the new pellets from Piggie Parcels as well as their dried forage so I give pellets about four days a week (used to be three when I was using a commercial pellet brand) and forage on the other three days.
I'll pop over to Piggie parcels and have a look.

Thank you.

I've just ordered 2 bags of the pellets and subscribed to the monthly letterbox forage tray.

Back