Dreading another summer

Lauraarse03

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Please help I have three guinea pigs and I live in the United States in Massachusetts the summers can get pretty hot an humid and every summer I dread trying to keep my guinea pigs nice and cool I have special curtains to block sunlight an I have a rotating fan an I always make sure my piggies have cold water at all times an when I have to leave I put three frozen wrapped water bottles in their cage just in case I have a huge c and c cage on the floor with lots of room I want to by each of my piggys a cooling plate or pad can anyone give me any ideas into which ones are best I work a 8 hour day an want to make sure my baby’s are comfortable an cool 😎 🌞🥰

Attachments

• IMG_5483.webp
    IMG_5483.webp
    116.2 KB · Views: 1
Please help I have three guinea pigs and I live in the United States in Massachusetts the summers can get pretty hot an humid and every summer I dread trying to keep my guinea pigs nice and cool I have special curtains to block sunlight an I have a rotating fan an I always make sure my piggies have cold water at all times an when I have to leave I put three frozen wrapped water bottles in their cage just in case I have a huge c and c cage on the floor with lots of room I want to by each of my piggys a cooling plate or pad can anyone give me any ideas into which ones are best I work a 8 hour day an want to make sure my baby’s are comfortable an cool 😎 🌞🥰

Hi

You are not alone... :(

You may find some more ideas in our Hot Weather guide, which to my knowledge is the most comprehensive collection of practical tips on not just keeping the piggies but also the premises cool; with information on overheating, heat stroke and fly strike. It is generally the combination of several measures that is the most effective.
Hot Weather Management, Heat Strokes and Fly Strike

This our questions and practical experience exchange with some practical individual solutions; most members are UK based where A/C units are less common and electricity prices a lot higher: Hot weather warning for the UK - plan now to keep your piggies safe!

I definitely read the hot weather guide an definitely got some good tips I haven’t had any problems with flies so that’s good but was wondering what cooling pads would be best for them for when I’m not home because I worry when I’m not home to check on them

Back