Double checking about neuter.

WWDrew

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I got Bean neutered on September 8 and I was wondering if it’s too early for him to join the girls. I just wanted to get the thumbs up from you guys because I have severe OCD.

Thank you All,

Andrew

You can try to bond them from 20 October onwards.

Although it is only two days away and chances are he is no longer fertile, it simply is not worth getting this far and then not waiting out the full six weeks and finding out he has got them pregnant.

You can try to bond them from 20 October onwards.

Although it is only two days away and chances are he is no longer fertile, it simply is not worth getting this far and then not waiting out the full six weeks and finding out he has got them pregnant.
Thank you so much. I thought it was six weeks. I miss counted. I’ll wait 4 days just to be sure. Bean will be so happy in 4 days.

Thank you,

Andrew

I got Bean neutered on September 8 and I was wondering if it’s too early for him to join the girls. I just wanted to get the thumbs up from you guys because I have severe OCD.

Thank you All,

Andrew

Please wait the full 6 weeks and you will be safe.

The little baby in my avatar picture was the unexpected legacy of a boar just over 5 weeks post-op (not one of mine) but in all the years since and with thousands of rescue boars neutered in the 12 intervening years there has never been a report of an over 6 weeks post-op pregnancy - and it would have made the rounds like a wildfire. I hope that this helps you.

Back