Double C&C Cage Question

MMARC234

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So my three girls live in a 6x2 in my bedroom and I find that it’s the perfect size for us. However, I eventually want to adopt from my local rescue and was wondering if a double 6x2 is possible/feasible… or maybe a 4x2 on top for a pair? If anyone has any advice I’d appreciate it.

Pic for pig tax.

Attachments

• BBE143C5-94ED-4D62-949C-32B527789523.webp
    BBE143C5-94ED-4D62-949C-32B527789523.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 17
I personally don't like the traditional stacked cages built with grids as they're a nightmare to clean the bottom layer. (we had them at the rescue once)
I have seen people use c&c on top of a "folding craft table" as a top layer. My boys are in a c&c ontop of a 6ft craft table. The legs from the table would be in the cage below If that makes sense (I don't have a cage below, only their fleece etc) . You just build the top c&c with a base of grids for stability if that makes sense. You can fit a 5x2 cage fully ontop of the table or a 6x2 with half a grid overhang each end.

I have a 5x2 C&C with a double stand, so the same height as two cages stacked.

I think if I were going for a bigger cage I'd probably have one on the floor and then another on some kind of table; my cage is sturdy enough, but it does wobble and sway when pushed (or when someone has a mad moment)! Without the extra support in the middle the shelves provide I'd worry that it just wouldn't feel stable enough for me not to worry.

Additionally if there was one on the floor you could in theory pull it out from under the table to make cleaning easier, maybe?

Last edited:
Member Gallery: C&C cages/homemade cages

There of lots of photos in this thread of peoples set ups. I'm sure there will be some stacked cages as well as singles. My partner made me a table with boards (pine) from B&Q and a set of legs. By making the table he could position the legs so they are outside of the cage below. We used the breakfast bar legs which are higher than table legs and make it easier to clean out the cage on the floor below and the cage on the table is the perfect height for me to clean out without stooping.

Thanks for the advice everyone! After some thought (and measuring, practice squatting, and mild rearranging), I’ll probably just end up moving my mini fridge and getting a smaller nightstand.

Back