• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dora again

• Thread starter Thread starter lizz79
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizz79

Hi guys I'm starting to feel abit down for Dora ive just been and had another check over her ( after the topic of dandruff yesterday) and ive found something that looks like sleep on her eye...I got some cooled boiled water and a piece of cotton wool and wiped the eye to clear it ( i used a clean piece for each wipe) and it wont wipe away...this poor pig i could cry for her, :'( Does anyone know what it could be? an eye ulcer was the first thing that came to mind but then i was thinking i thought you needed the dye in an eye for the ulcer to show up plus ive got no idea what they look like. Ive checked in my books and i cant find anything with the same sort of description. My poor Dora i feel so sorry for her, I'm begining to think it must be my fault she seems to be getting everything at once :'(

Best thing is to post a clear pic as its hard to tell from a discription. Try to cheer up hunny :)

hi ill have to do one tomorrow as ive actually lent my camera to my mum for the night as shes gone to a party ( at 62 ...lol the hussie :D ) I understand its hard to help with just a description the only thing i can add is ..if youve got a dog youll understand ..lol you know when dogs get matter on their actual eye ball n you have to go get tissue n wipe it its like that but i cant wipe it away. ill get the camera in the morning n post a pic on.

It could be a hay poke injury, the vet will give you eye drops but our experts on here can tell you more if you can post a pic.

Hi,

Stop blaming yourself,these things happen.You obviously love and care about your pigs.

Sounds as if this may be a simple blocked tearduct.This is quite common in gps as hay seeds and dust from hay can get into the eyes.Even good quality hay has a bit of dust.

Get som Optrex or Brolene eye drops and put some onto the lower eye lid,and gently massage underneath the eyelid,from the corner to the outside.Do this 2 or 3 times a day.

If you cannot get the eye drops,use the boiled,cooled water as you have already done.

If it is a poke injury the eye will have a white spot on the cornea,and i the eye might go opaque.

If the eye is infected it will look sore and will discharge.

Do not worry about this as eye problems are easily dealt with.

Hi love, awww sorry to hear about little Dora's eye :(
I use cooled boiled water and the teensiest bit of salt as well added and gently wipe away from the area using clean makeup pad removers each time.
If this persists or you notice a discharge i'd pop off to the vets, as i had an experience with our Duke and thought he'd just scratched his eye, but found out it had been an eye abscess >:( I don't want to scare you, just thought you should know all angles.
Keeping our paws crossed for you love :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:
Gentle healing piggie kisses for Dora :smitten: :smitten:

awwwww hope little dora feels better soon (((((big hugs and kisses for you and her)))))) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

hi ive tried to take a picture but my camera just isnt good enough, I'm ringing vets I'm going to give her today n tomorrow to keep on with the bathing and then if theres no improvement shes in the vets for wednesday. Fingers crossed the eye drops will get her feeling back to normal

Thats the best thing if it hasnt cleared up :) Let us know how Dora gets on :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back