(don't look if really queezy) Rocky keeps getting ouchies!

• Thread starter Thread starter oOtearsinheavenOo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oOtearsinheavenOo

I went in today and picked up Rocky out of his temp. cage. He has a gash on his ear.. He's by himself, So I think it's self inflicted.. what could have happened? Then again, yesterday I had to put them togther for about 15 minutes for the drive over to our new home. But it looks to fresh to have been from yesterday. Here's a pic:

(Don't look below if you are queezy, please. This is not meant to gross anyone out.)

They seem really blury but it was the best I could do.. He wasn't making it easy, poor chap :(
SoSad.jpg

SadLittlePiggy.jpg

RockysOuchies4.jpg

RockysOuchies2.jpg

RockysOuchies1.jpg

:o :o :o :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Oh that looks nasty, you sure it's not a bite? If not he's been bitten or he's scratched himself terribly. Have you checked him for 'bugs'?
I think a vet visit and you'll probably have to bathe him and treat the little ear.
Give him these to help :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'm actually not sure at all. :( It's so hard to tell sometimes when they are so hairy. :(

I don't think he could bite himself back there.. and it's more like a gouge than a scratch. :(

He did this one time when he startled himself and ran under the water bottle nozzle.. The silly chap scrapped his back - but it healed real nicely. (Yes I did take him to the vet!)

He doesn't have bugs though, I check alot. >.< i hear about mites on little piglets all the time, so I'm always checking.
I guess I'll just have it looked at on Tuesday when I take his lady into the vet for her pregnancy check up.

Thanks for the loves, he enjoys them very much!

-Kay

One of my piggies had a similar wound due to mites, he scratched it until it bled. We bathed the area with warm salt water and treated him for mites and it healed quickly. Is it possible that there is something in his cage that he could have caught it on?

Are you sure its not mites? thats what it looks like to me! :-\

get well soon little man! :)

I'm almost positive it's not mites! I'll do a little more research on the little bugs and take a look again. It seems way to big for mites! I'll try and take a better picture. It seems more like a gash? also, I was in the vet about a month ago with them and they said he was mite free - then again, that was a month ago! ?

Alright. I'll take a closer look and keep you updated!

It could be mites.

I've seen a couple of pics of pigs with servere mites and it does scab/look scratched.

Maybe hes got something fungle? Thats irritating him and making him stratch it?
I think a good check up at the vets ASAP would be best as we can't diagnose online, although we've seen pigtures.

He's gorgeous by the way ;) :smitten:

I mean he could have scratched himself because of the mites irritating him :)

♥Ali-loves-piggies♥ said:
It could be mites.

I've seen a couple of pics of pigs with servere mites and it does scab/look scratched.

Maybe hes got something fungle? Thats irritating him and making him stratch it?
I think a good check up at the vets ASAP would be best as we can't diagnose online, although we've seen pigtures.

He's gorgeous by the way ;) :smitten:
Looks just like our Rimmers did aye Ali O0touch of mites and fungal

Yep. it's most definetly mites. :( good thing I have a vet appt. tomorrow for Luna. - I'll ask for some mite treatment then. For now, I just gave him a bath and rubbed him dry. He enjoyed the attention. I know the mites won't go away with water but I bet it made his skin feel better, poor chappie. :(

I just got another cocker spaniel today from a lady who didn't want him anymore.. I wasn't prepared for all this stress!

Awwwww poor little man, nasty bl**dy mites :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I'm glad you're going to the vets O0 O0
Sending some more piggie kisses to help the little man :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Awww, poor little fellow. The only problem is if he has been in contact with Luna she may have them as well, however, she won't be able to be treated until after she has given birth. Let us know how the vets go. :)

Yep! that's the problem, alright. Luna and Rocky are both infested with chewing lice. :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

The vets doing some research to figure out a safe way to treat them - apparently a new product has come out in the U.S. that is natural and safe and can't harm the babies. However, she's checking with her colleagues on the success rate of the product before I buy it and apply it. We'll know by tomorrow if I will treat both before or after Luna gives birth. If I treat her after, then I will have to treat the babies too. :( poor minipigs.

But, other than that, alls well in the piggy room!

I would go for treating Luna after she has given birth, she is due soon by the looks of it so you won't have to wait long. Let us know what you do. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back