• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Does anyone know what this sound is all about?

Lauren41112

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all! I have a two and a half year old guinea pig. For the six months that I have had her, I have noticed from time to time she makes these odd sounds that almost sound like she is having a difficult time breathing. I Have not taken her to the vet since I got her and I am unsure if her previous family has taken her in for a check up. She only seems to make these noises for an hour or so at a time and It is on and off again. I am wondering if anyone has some ideas of what could be going on! I am considering taking her to the vet for a check up!
Please click on the link to listen to her! Thank you everybody!
Carmen’s odd noises

Hi Lauren it does sound like a possible respiratory infection but I am not an expert. I would suggest you have Carmen checked by a Vet. Even minor infections can develop into something more serious when a short course of antibiotics could sort it out. Also think about bedding e.g. some are allergic to wood shavings or other environmental factors. Good luck.

Back