Does anyone here use Carefresh?

• Thread starter Thread starter wojo1264
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wojo1264

I use carefresh bedding, it is virtualy dust-free, and is very easy to clean and can be flushed, plus it lasts long and is absorbant.

Here's a pic.

4845.jpg

I've used it once. I found it smelt great but at £3.99 for 1 kilogram it was too costly when Megazorb costs £5.26 for a three foot bag. :D

1kg wouldn't fill my Sheltie's Nero 3 but I must say it is very good, can you get it any cheaper?

Louise
:)

I don't use carefresh...it's expensive for a tiny bag, all the ones I've had have been quite dusty (and smell kind of funny) and here we can only get the 10L bags..I would need about 10 to fill my cage lol.

I agree too expensive to use really for many pigs and a bit dusty, plus when I started to spread it in Bully's cage he started to eat it - he thought it was something good!

I have found 60L bags for 20 US dollars, or about £9.70. Keep searching, or buy it online! O0

wojo1264 said:
I have found 60L bags for 20 US dollars, or about £9.70. Keep searching, or buy it online! O0

Yeah in the US it's a lot more available and also cheaper. We only get the brown regular carefresh here but I'm sure you can get the colours and the Ultra one which I dont' think are as dusty?

Here the cheapest we find it for is £3 for 10 litres - therefore 60L works out at £18

megazorb is a similar product but way cheaper, and lasts ages too.

Jane said:
wojo1264 said:

Yeah in the US it's a lot more available and also cheaper. We only get the brown regular carefresh here but I'm sure you can get the colours and the Ultra one which I dont' think are as dusty?

Here the cheapest we find it for is £3 for 10 litres - therefore 60L works out at £18

WOW! :tickedoff: That's a whole lot of money!

wojo1264 said:
I use carefresh bedding, it is virtualy dust-free, and is very easy to clean and can be flushed, plus it lasts long and is absorbant.

Here's a pic.

4845.jpg

This is what it looks like

I am currently using it but its far too expensive so I'm looking into what else I can use - I've only managed to find 10L bags and they're costing between £3 - £4. I only use it as a base with hay on the top (and newspaper at the very bottom). :)

megazorb would be your answer. I buy 85ltr sacks, I have 2 hutches, clean out every 4th or 5th day, this lasts me a month. Daughter uses it for her rats too.

maisydaisystar said:
megazorb would be your answer. I buy 85ltr sacks, I have 2 hutches, clean out every 4th or 5th day, this lasts me a month. Daughter uses it for her rats too.

I use it on part of my cage, it's great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back