does anyone elses fleese smell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I keep mine on newspaper and easibed but about 1 third of the cage is fleese on newspaper i change everything daily but every morning when i go in they smell this has only started happening since i used fleese any one else have this problem x

I tried fleece for twi days and it was horrible. Its the newspaper that smells. xx

I think it's more the newspaper that smells, I used to use newspaper when I used vetbed on top and it wasn't that nice, towels were a bit better but difficult to spread out on the cage floor easily. I use mattress protectors now under my fleece and it's great. They're dead easy to fit to the floor of the cage and you can fold the edges of the fleece underneath. I do change the cage every 4 days or so tho.

Yep definately the newspaper, try putting a really thick layer of it under the fleece area x

i wash my fleece once a week now and cose they lee on it, i put it on the highest wash and temperature i can, but sometimes it still has the smell of wee on it

I always use vanish in with the powder when I wash the pigs stuff, just to ive it an extra clean. Always smells clean when it comes out. :)

Put a thin layer of wood chips beneath the fleece to first soak the pee so it doesn't smell so much. This way you can check the layer of wood chips beneath the fleece every couple of days toss the hand fulls of soaked chips and replace them with some new ones.

I had vetbed and it stank. I soon went back to woodshavings.

Also, I put the newspaper, with thin layer of wood chips on top, with 1 layer of paper towels on top so the fleece doesn't get wood chips all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back