Do you think...?

• Thread starter Thread starter DebbieR
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DebbieR

That guineas could live on dry food, grass and hay with no veggies? How long do you think they could live like that for? and what would happen? Would they suffer if it was for, say, a week?

By the way - this is purely hypothetical - George and Mildred won't be going without I promise

For a certain period, yes they will be ok.. They don't live on much in the wild, but because of that, they don't tend to live very long as the balance of vitamins and nutrients don't add up
But veggies make up for many other vitamins and nutrients, so it's best to not even try..
Piggies will get ill from a big change of all nice veggies to having just grass, hay and dry-food

I think a lot of piggies do Debbie.

Some of the rescues I have in don't even get that sadly.

Yes it is true. I do know of one lady who, despite me telling her hundreds of times that her guinea needs more than lettuce (iceberg if you please) and cucumber will not take my advice. The poor thing doesn't even get grass to eat or even readigrass. When she goes away, he does get some pepper because I had a word with her next door neighbour who looks after him.
I was hoping that someone would put my mind at rest but it is as I thought - not good. Oh well, I shall keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back