• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Do you see blood from a sow when she is in heat?

• Thread starter Thread starter goldilocks
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goldilocks

Hi seen a small amount of blood from my sow this morning but not since, is this to do with her "period"? Have I got cause to worry?

thanks

What I have read that guinea pigs don't have a period like dogs have and their shouldn't be any blood at all. She could have a water infection. Hope she is ok. :)

I have never seen sows with blood when in heat. The only time i have seen this was when a sow had pyrametra (sp?) an infection in her womb, and she had to be spayed. might be worth ringing your vet and seeing if they have an emergency number you can ring for advice. :-\ x Jess

I have seen this once, it was a sow who was in with a pregnant sow, i think she may of had a phantom pregnancy, may be this has happened to your little one, I would still call the vets like the others said though

yes I'm sure after checking out tommy and sparky.

have pm'd you graham

just been out again no more blood and no evidence and she is fine will enquire with vet tomorrow

definitely no blood when they are in heat. good that it's stopped :)

you sure it was blood? some foods can cause red looking wee to be produced morgan had it after eating too many dandelion leaves one time. glad its stopped now :)

My 5 sows have never showed any blood. Glad it seems to have stopped anyway, hope all is OK xx

Very infrequently sows will pass a one off pinky discharge when on heat.I have not seen this very often ,maybe 5 times over the years.It is nothing to worry about.
If you see blood again you will need the advise of a vet.

taking her to the vet tomorrow just to be on the safe side

thank you all for your advice and information O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back