Do You Race Home Because Of The Weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Is it me or does everyone else check the weather forecast daily (for outdoor piggies), realising you've got the wrong weather forecast and rush home to batten down the hatches after ensuring dry food, veggies, water, hay & vitamin c tablets have been given...I know I flipping do.

So hearing about the storm of Abigail hitting tonight, I raced home from the nail salon (yes I have manicured nails & 7 piggies), through myself outside while the weather started to wipe around me.

Ok, I'm rambling now.

but stay safe, especially in the North.
xx

I don't race home, my pigs are safe in their shed, I go out running in the rain. ;)

I didn't think it was a biggie until I heard that my friend had convinced their mum to let their ferret stay inside(which is never allowed)! Then I worried. Thankfully the pigs are safe with their hutch cover!

I worry about my indoor fosters! Will the room have gone too cold? Should I have left their little heater under the cage on? My husband laughs at me about it, but we can pop an extra pullover on if we want to:)

I worry about my guinea pigs being in this flat incase first floor comes through my ceiling !
I might have to get some spiked 's for my ceiling ! just for safely ! I don't want anyone coming through , though !:)

I left early this morning and turned off their heating as it was 12 degrees outside and 18 in their shed. Weather deteriorated and got colder and I rushed home at 5... Completely panicked. Shed was 9 degrees which is freezing for them! Poor babies got scooped up and brought in. They are Now asleep in very warm living room....along with husband! It's a never ending worry isn't it?! (Piggies not husband)

I don't know which direction to run! Do I run home to the piggies, or in the opposite side tion to the ponies?!

I worried when they were indoor piggies - and I now worry about them in their shed .

Hot summers worry me more than the winter. I have heaters with thermostats for the winter . Getting a decent thermostat was a godsend.

I took several 1/2 day annual leave days in the summer when the sun came out as I was worried about them getting heat stroke .

When my pigs lived outside (in one of those chicken coup style runs with an upstairs shelter) I used to constantly worry about high winds tipping it over. One night I ummed and ahhd over whether to bring them in or not thinking the wind wouldn't be so bad but it was horrendous! I ended up going out in the wind and rain to bring them in! They never lived out again lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back