Do You Need A Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicathepurplepanda

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Do you need a run if up to 4 guinea pigs had at least 25 square feet, maybe just a small enclosure for a change of scenery? For a little bit of grass from the garden x

I dont think if they have that much space they "need" a run, however they do appreciate grasrs time in the summer :-)

Your pen will be certainly big enough! However, in my own experience, piggies really love their grass time.

If you have time to sit with them for an hour or so, a bit of chicken wire and some sticks and/or tent pegs or a foldable pupp run will do to hold them in for that.

I'm probably going to make my own small run and have it against the shed with a little hole in the shed and run so they can get through but then an attachment so they can only go out when it's safe like tempeture wise or day time etc (probably going to be just a bit of wood on a hinge with a lock)
Here's the link of what shed I'm getting and what I'm hoping for it to look similar to
And it will be the 6x6 ft one but having a little bit blocked of for storage so it will probably be about 30 square foot when it's done with a little run xx

Il need to insulate the shed because I live in Scotland now so it can get quite cold! they'll also have plenty of hay and fleece etc to keep nice and warm :)
Is a mixture of medow and Timothy hay alright ? Xx

Either timothy or meadow hay or a mix is perfectly fine!

You also want to make sure that no rats or mice can get through any flap. Some people use a hutch off the ground inside a shed for the piggies to snuggle up warmly at night and in the winter.

Il make sure that it is rat,mice,fox,dog and cat proof :0
And yea I think il have a little hutch type thing of the ground in the hutch with lots of hay and blankets for at night, thanks for the idea :D xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back