Do you hoover your fleece?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jane

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've read that some people hoover their fleece to get poops, hair etc of it..who does this? What vacuum cleaner do you use? I'm thinking of getting a small hand held one, but I don't know what to get..does it really matter that much how good it is aslong as it sucks it up?

I think it would really help because my fleece gets covered in hair and although I shake it etc. outside it's still quite hairy.

So, do you? What do you use?

Jane

I use towels and fleece on top - when I clean out the cage, I usually just brush all the hay, poops etc off into the cage with a hand held sweeping brush and they just shake it outside and stick it in the washing machine. I can't always get the hay and that out, but I just put it into the machine once I have done that

I do occasionally but find it easier to sweep fleece. I have a dustbuster and it tends to suck up the blanket unless I hold it down! It doesn't get rid of the hair, though.

I sweep mine off over the bin and then put it in the washing machine. I thought about getting a dustbuster but decided against it. My friend used to hoover her fleece but it seemed to lift off the nap of the fleece and it went really thin and then started falling apart in the washing machine!

Hmm, thanks guys.

What do people do about hair being in the fleece then? Even after I get it out of the washing machine and it's clean it's still covered in hair :-\ The hair can't escape though because I have to put it into an old duvet cover otherwise the washing machine gets covered in hair and mum complains... :-\

I have recently changed to half fleese and half easibed the piggies love the fleese but its a nightmare to clean i wont put it in the washer so i put it in the sink theres hair and bits everywere i find it very unhygenic i dont want to take it off them as they love sitting on it but it is a absolute nightmare x

i do that with my old hoover :) and before i wash my fleece its wafted out the window and put in an old duvet cover :)

I've used it since I got my piggies in december 06 and at first I loved it and all went well..then we got a new washer and mum refused to let me get hair all over it and the possibility of it getting all blocked up so now like I said I put it in an old duvet cover. It's covered in hairs though and I don't like it :-\ Not sure what to do though? I brush it a bit then shake it outside but there's still lots on it. When I get it out of the washer it looks like there are more hairs than when it went in! :-\
Argh! I thought maybe I could try vet bed, but then I still have the same dilemma so I really don't know. I could use a bedding, like megazorb, aubiose, etc something like that but it's so messy and it annoys me.

I was about to suggest a clothes brush too! Or a damp cloth? When I get hair on my carpet I brush it up with my dog's slicker brush - works a treat!

Sophie
x

i have been hoovering my fleece with a pretty decent non bagged vacuum i came by. Needs emptying pretty regularly & looses suction quick but i think that's cause i'm sucking too much hay & grass up too. The poo sounds awesome like a gattling gun going up the tubes :D lol.

Doing the duvet & washign machine thing although i did notice the last one didn;t get all the bits of hay off but not too bad so we'll see how it goes over time......
Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back