Do they like each other?

Chrissy24

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm not sure if my 2 girls get on or just put up with each other? How do you know if a bond is good?

Pompom seems to sleep outside the hut they have and they don't seem to do alot together. Blossom is very bossy and she has been rumble strutting alot! Not sure if pompom gets pushed around or if it's normal stuff ?

I'm not sure if my 2 girls get on or just put up with each other? How do you know if a bond is good?

Pompom seems to sleep outside the hut they have and they don't seem to do alot together. Blossom is very bossy and she has been rumble strutting alot! Not sure if pompom gets pushed around or if it's normal stuff ?

Hi

How long have your piggies been together, what age are they and howmany houses do they have?

They have been together since birth so I'm told. They are 13 weeks old now and I know this is when hormones can fly but Blossom seems particularly frisky and Pompom got a bit annoyed last night and pushed her away. Pompom is alot more calm than Blossom. They have one large house. Should they have 1 each ? If so I will get one tomorrow. They don't really groom each other or cuddle up but I'm not sure if piggies do that?

They have been together since birth so I'm told. They are 13 weeks old now and I know this is when hormones can fly but Blossom seems particularly frisky and Pompom got a bit annoyed last night and pushed her away. Pompom is alot more calm than Blossom. They have one large house. Should they have 1 each ? If so I will get one tomorrow. They don't really groom each other or cuddle up but I'm not sure if piggies do that?

Please always ensure they each have their own items - two bowls, two bottles, two hay piles, and at least as many houses as you have piggies - so yes, please do get another house. Also ensure that every hidey house has two doors. Single exit hides can pose a problem if one piggy gets trapped inside or not let inside by the other.

Its normal to not cuddle up. My two boys don’t, they never sleep together, never groom each other etc (my rabbits on the other hand are very different and are always grooming each other!)

Ah ok will get 2 of everything! I'm so used to rabbits so I'm getting used to the guinea pig language still

Most of my piggies - even the well bonded pairs - rarely choose to sleep together all of the time.
Piggies are very different to rabbits in that respect.
As long as they have enough space and two of everything then it's normal for them not to be together, whereas my rabbits are always side by side.

Ah ok will get 2 of everything! I'm so used to rabbits so I'm getting used to the guinea pig language still

Hi

You may find these two information links very helpful in learning about guinea pig interaction:
Bonding and Interaction: Illustrated social behaviours and bonding dynamics (yours are in the last chapter of the bonding guide)
A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours

Lots more practical information for owners (you may want to bookmark this link, browse, read and re-read at need as you pick on different things at different levels of experience): Comprehensive Owners' Practical and Supportive Information Collection

Back