Do piggies get jealous?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nic

Blackberry is my daughter Meg's piggy and Daisy is my daughter Lauren's.

Lauren has been busy with school stuff the last few evenings and Meg has been cuddling Daisy and Blackberry together. We have noticed that Blackberry has started to niggle at Daisy if they are side by side on Meg's knee, she makes an angry sound and seems to nudge her a lot, like little headbuts!

We were wondering if she is jealous as Meg spends more time with her?

Wot du think?

well my lot def get a touch of the green eyed monster if i am cuddling Lilly Rustie gets very vocal and when i put Lilly back in the pen, Rustie gives her a telling off,,, so yes i do think they get jealous

Well we can defo tell they are settling in and their shyness is disappearing! Daisy gets a bit narky with me when I am putting her eye drops in now, she headbuts my hand!

>:D

:D yes i think piggie get jealous, when i have my piggies out the both of them try and get closer to me and they end up piled on top of me! They do get jealous! >:D :)

Mine definately get jealous. If I pick one up and give her a cuddle the other gives me this hurt look and I feel really guilty! Or if I'm stroking one and not the other the one I'm not stroking will come and knock my hand and make me stroke her instead.

My Roo is the worst in the world for jealousy!

He actively sulks when he catches me fussing one of the others. He also pines when I go away and leave them with a petsitter etc - he sulks so badly that he doesn't eat properly when I'm away and then sulks at me for days when I return turning his back on me and being generally mardy. He's got so bad that I actually took him away with me last time as I couldn't cope with the sulk I knew I'd get when I came home!

Spoilt little monster!

Yep they definitely get jealous if you ask me!

When I am stroking my two in their cage, I must remember to do them both at the same time otherwise Meg gets stroppy and comes over and mounts Loulou!

And when I get them out separately for a cuddle, Meg HAS to be first otherwise she shouts and sulks and sits on top of her pigloo glaring out at me and Loulou! And I do have to cuddle them separately otherwise Guess Who wants all the cuddles and hooks her sister out of the way. ::) Loulou takes it all in her stride though.

They actually play together wonderfully during floortime and get on pretty well. They just get a bit funny about cuddles.

Yeah it does seem to be the cuddles. Although Blackberry bosses Daisy a little during floor time but Daisy gives as good as she gets!

If I have mine together on my lap then the youngest will keep cuddlnig up to her sister whom she is very attached to and her sister does similar things to what your describing.

I supose they do get jealous though because I always have to give them equal amounts of treats or the one that got the least will get a bit moody...

I reckon they do get jealous, yes. Bella and Rosie will push each others heads out of the way in order to get to my hand for more stroking

:) LOL! I'm reading these replies and imagining all those sulky piggies in a huff 98) they are so cute when they sulk though :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back