Do My Girls Need A Routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natalie corgs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am sorry if this is a silly question but I was just wondering whether my new girls are going to need a routine.
I work shifts so one week I'm on earlies and the other week is lates.
I've had them since the weekend so I'm trying to find a way that works for us.
So far I'm giving them a bit of food and changing their water and topping up the hay manger in the mornings and then when I get home that's when I clean up the cage and we groom Luna as she is long haired and cuddle Eclipse too. So far cuddle time hasn't been too bad and I've given them their own space to make sure they are relaxed and get to know me. But this morning Luna took a bit of hay from my hand! That's a good sign right? :D

But to cut a long story short - is it good to set a routine? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Guinea pigs are quite flexible! They do follow a routine in that they know what time they should be fed! I noticed on the day my cleaner comes, my piggies don't squeak to come out in their run, they seem to know its later on an Monday.

I think in your situation they will get used to 2 routines, one for one week and another for the following week. They will learn to fit in with your routine, rather than you trying to keep it the same for them.

Guinea pigs can settle into a routine that suits you very quickly. So yes a routine is good if you want one.

Mine don't have a strict routine apart from veggie time and they always know when the hoover has been on that veggies are on their way and then they go beserk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back