do my 2 boys need friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I started off with 4 boys (brothers) that got on great to start with but as they grew older they started picking on one who was badly injured as a result (hes fine now). The 3 were fine together for 2 years but now Ive had to seperate them so that 2 live together and 2 are on their own. Do you think they are ok to be on their own or do they need friends? Ive introduced other pigs before and it seemed to work fine if the pig being introduced is younger and smaller. I just dont want them to get bored and lonely. What do you think?

If you did have the 4 before then had to seperate them, then I think you should leave them as two. Maybe you need to introduce some toys and or tubes? :)

i dont think more would help with the boredom buster.
i have a group of 3 and 5, the group of 5 seem more playful because of the amount of toys.
if u do add more, i'd only add one.

2 live together and theres 1 on its own and another on its own. (Rather than there being 2 lots of 2) I hope this makes sense! Where can I buy toys for them?

Thanks I will have a look, I'm glad the weather has improved as they love running about the garden, I will get some toys to go in the run. I think Monty misses the company of my rat Bailey who is sadly no longer with us, they used to get on really well when I put them in the run together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back