Do I have guinea pigs... or tortoises? 😂

Kay701

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My guinea pigs adore cardboard boxes! They have 5 so far, but their all time favourite is the very first one I gave them. They are adept at moving it sideways, backwards and forwards while being in it and frequently I'll see one of them taking a long walk across the room wearing a cardboard box 😂 it makes them look like tortoises, or sometimes funny little robots! I'm dreading the day when the already battered original box has to be replaced, they love it so much ❤️

Not sure how to upload videos or if it's possible, but they are just the cutest thing ever 😂😂

Does anyone else have guinea-tortoises?

Adorable! There is a website called guineapigtanks.com where they have cardboard hideouts for piggies. But! They are shaped like cars or tanks so that guinea pigs can run underneath them! It's like what your piggies are doing, but they would look like little automobiles doing it. 🤣

Dignified Sir George is far too big for his favourite tent but won't use the bigger one. He has been known to drag it around when he is "wearing" it on his ample rear end 😂IMG20240422122804.webpit's difficult finding a picture that doesn't show his boarly bits!

Adorable! There is a website called guineapigtanks.com where they have cardboard hideouts for piggies. But! They are shaped like cars or tanks so that guinea pigs can run underneath them! It's like what your piggies are doing, but they would look like little automobiles doing it. 🤣
Oh my gosh that is soooooo cute

They are having great fun and are adorable.
My boys all love boxes but they don't last more than a few days, they get wet and eaten until there are only bits left. Duck likes to push his box all round the cage, he hates it in a corner and pushed back all neat and tidy, his stupid hooman keeps tidying it up!

Last edited:
Chunky Russell looked like a tortoise a while back because I bought the small size carrot cottage as the others sizes had sold out and he managed to stick his head in the doorway and his rear end stuck out the back, then he started walking around with it stuck to him. Bless :))

Back