• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Do I have anything to worry about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Lennie has been with me for a week now and his behaviour today has been a bit different. When I am here, I leave his hutch door open so he can come and go and up until today, he spent most of the time out of the hutch (under the sofa mostly) but also having a run around. Today he has spent most of the time in the hutch and 3 times he covered himself totally with hay and stayed there :-\ He hasn't done this before. Also, he has not eaten that much of his veggies, although he has eaten hay and his dried food.
I know I have only had him a week, but he wont let me stroke him yet (maybe he never will) and will climb on my lap to be hand fed but not for cuddles. I have not attempted to pick him up yet as I do not want to freak him but I am going to have to sooner or later just for things like trimming his nails and checking him over. I hope he is not stressed out with his move and the change as he is around people a lot more than he was before, where he was more or less ignored. Any ideas?
Thanks, Fiona

Keep trying love, remember patience and lots of treats to bribe him. It will take time but it's so worth the effort as they can be very affectionate.
Maybe he's got an upset tummy? As long as he's eating all his pellets and hay and drinking that's good. Keep an eye on him any changes call your vet for reassurance. Good luck :)

Thank you Glynis, I will be very patient. I have an appointment at the vet on Monday so he can be checked over and have his nails cut. He does seem very perky this morning and is enjoying his parsley, cucumber and pear :D

Mine, like yours run around alot too. When the weather is a bit colder as it is this week, they seem to be not so keen to run about and hide under the bed in a cuddle cup or just stay in their cage as yours has. Don't forget although we have our heating on the air is colder down there! Just a thought anyway but worth a check up if he doesn't get better.

I guess he's a little nervous that's all :) Plenty of patience is needed and I'm sure in time, there'll be no stopping him running in and out of the hutch :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back