Do Guinea Pigs Dream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntyC

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i don't know if this question has been raised anywhere else on the forum; but does anybody know if piggies appear to be dreaming during snooze time? I have owned dogs previously who twitched, whined and sometimes barked in their sleep! Just wondering if piggies do similar things......:hmm:

The wiggle their ears and their faces twitch and my old piggy pat used to twitch her legs in her sleep alot like a dog......I always just assume every animals dreams. we can't be that different if dogs do it too. and theres no denying dogs dream.
I always wonder what they dream about, i'd love to know. lol.

I think they probably do. The only pig of mine I ever saw sleep really deeply was Linney, and you could see her eyes twitch under the lids when she was sleeping. Rapid eye movement is a sign of dreaming in humans, so it makes sense that it would be for other animals.

I'm pretty sure mine do as I can see his ears twitching and sometimes the eyes moving around.

I like to imagine they are probably dreaming of getting their servant to do what they want. :))

Though I have a feeling Matthew dreams about running around the house as its his hobby.

Thanks everybody, shame on me for not doing a search before I asked the ?. Might have known all piggy fans have considered this before:tu:. Been a very busy couple of days. One of the baby boys was definitely dreaming about something earlier when he was snoozing in the hay tray. Little squeaks and twitchy front foot. So adorable x

Thanks everybody, shame on me for not doing a search before I asked the ?. Might have known all piggy fans have considered this before:tu:. Been a very busy couple of days. One of the baby boys was definitely dreaming about something earlier when he was snoozing in the hay tray. Little squeaks and twitchy front foot. So adorable x

Isn't it adorable?
PS: I only posted that link because I was too busy to look through thousands of piggy pics again in order to find them, but I hope that they have made you chuckle. ;)

Isn't it adorable?
PS: I only posted that link because I was too busy to look through thousands of piggy pics again in order to find them, but I hope that they have made you chuckle. ;)
I chuckled !
I don't have a problem with people posting links - it avoids repetition.

Yes, It brought a huge smile, thanks for sharing it again Wiebke:nod:. Am currently enjoying watching Basil and Toby being daft together in their cage. Meanwhile Bea and Harriet are being very ladylike and snoozing in their hay. Boys will be boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back