DIY Treats

Jasicorn

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! Please post any Guinea Pig DIY treat recipes below! (I don't feed my guinea pigs anything baked I can freeze them but prefer not to.) Thank you! :D

The problems with such home made treats is that they tend to either contain a lot of sugary binders or the ‘recipe’ calls for baking or somehow processing them, which then can make then unhealthy and unsuitable.
Piggies must not eat any food which has been frozen or cooked

Good, healthy and recommended treats are things such as fresh herbs or a dried forage.
There is a UK company run by a member of this forum selling only safe dried forages which come highly recommended on this forum.
If you could add a country to your profile, then it can help us tailor any advice or any product recommendations appropriately, without compromising your online safety. If you don’t wish to do that, then that is fine but do be aware all our advice on any aspect of piggy keeping will be based on UK circumstances.

The only guaranteed safe treats for guinea pigs are natural forage or hays or a small amount of fresh veggies.

I give mine 3 pea flakes and 3 dried apple cubes each in the winter at supper time before I go to bed. It helps build up their winter reserves as they live in an unheated garage. They do have plenty to keep them warm. In the summer they have 1 pea flake and 1 dried apple cube each otherwise I'd have a mutiny.

Back