• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dilys is feeling a bit poorly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggyLoon

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dil is feeling a bit iffy today :(

I went downstairs this morning to find her sitting in a pile of relatively normal looking poops - but loads of them. :o Everytime she tried to poop again she really squeeked, her eyes narrowed and her body all hunched up. Her bottom end was as tight to the end of the cage as she could get. I got her out gently - her stomach wasnt too hard, but she didnt like me touching her at all. :-\ Her bum wasnt dirty - just the fur felt a bit different (dried poop residue I guess) because she had been sitting in the same place, almost as though she couldnt be bothered to move. I put her back and within a few mintues she was lyiing down in the corner of her cage. :( Sometimes the pain can make her jump - almost like a spasm.

She has suffered with bloat before - which made her stomach hard and her poops odd looking (I gave her infacol to ease it). She seems to be more suseptable to it than Ruby. But this is different. :-\ On a few occasions too (in the past) she has had mucus on her poops but I didnt see that today. She's quite pear shaped though - always has been. Rube looks more in proportion.

So Ive just come back from the vet and she gave her two injection pain killers, and if shes no better I have to go back. She didnt say what it could be though. :-\ Her stomach is making a bit of noise. And she had her temp taken which was fine. Dil was given - Metaclopramide 2ml Ampoule and Vetergesic Ampoule 98)

I'm quite concerned - as any piggy mum would be. Ruby doesnt have any of these symptoms.

Awwwww! Poor little Dilys :'(
Well firstly I'd ring the Vets and say I want a proper diagnosis! Is she of her food at all?

Hope Dily improves for you. Could it be an upset tum? Thinking of the noises it is making sounds like it to me although I'm not an expert.

Keep us posted!

Louise
x

She wasnt her usual self this morning - usually she's dancing around the cage and biting the cage bars to make me hurry up :( She is eating hay and took a slice of carrot off me though. Absolutely no veg for her today!

I mentioned she's a bit suseptable to bloat and episodes of poopy problems which ease off after a day - so I think she is just treating her as if she had that. But this seems a bit different, more painful :( The vet said if she's no better - then she'll have to have an xray. :-\ I was given some critical care too incase she goes off her food competely. She didnt flinch at the vets like she did at home when she felt in her groin area. Too scared probably, love her.

Thanks for your replies - really nice to know people are thinking of her ;)

That doesn't sound like bloat to me (no hard tummy for starters) but I guess the Vet knows what he's doing (?!?!?!?!?) Anyway, good luck, hope she's soon on the mend O0

Aw Helen poor Dil, i really hope she's feeling better soon :( can piggies get IBS? Its sounds like that! Get well soon Dil :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yeah it does sound a bit like IBS :-\

Black Jack said:
That doesn't sound like bloat to me (no hard tummy for starters) but I guess the Vet knows what he's doing (?!?!?!?!?) Anyway, good luck, hope she's soon on the mend O0

I think she knows its not bloat :-\ but she's just given her something to make her more comfortable in case its something related ;) Dont know if those painkillers are ones that are particularly good for stomach pain?

Her painkiller seems to be doing the trick and she's quite bright at the moment... it might wear off though during the night. As the vet said we dont want to give her anything to hide it if there is something the matter.... gonna be worried about her tonight :-\

Thanks all :)

Oh helen not poor Dil now :'(. I do hope she has a comfortable night and that it's just a "blip" in her system. Sending our best wishes and piggy kisses (some for Rube too of course!). Keep us posted.

Oh Dilys sorry your not feeling well :'( :'( :'(
Sending healing wheeks from us :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Both Dilys and Duke can sympathise with each other at the mo, he's also like her with an upset tum :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back