Digging deep

Widdlepiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Lol does anyone else have a piggy that just likes to eat from the bottom of his bowl?😂
It’s all pretty much the same. It’s pellets with a little corn and small pieces of hay mixed through. But he’s just eating the pellets, but from the bottom.😂
He also literally digs with his little paws like he’s swimming to the bottom. I think it’s adorable but he makes a mess and spreads the food out all over the cage. I just love how they all have their own personality and little quirks.

Attachments

• IMG_5215.webp
    IMG_5215.webp
    114.8 KB · Views: 4
Lol does anyone else have a piggy that just likes to eat from the bottom of his bowl?😂
It’s all pretty much the same. It’s pellets with a little corn and small pieces of hay mixed through. But he’s just eating the pellets, but from the bottom.😂
He also literally digs with his little paws like he’s swimming to the bottom. I think it’s adorable but he makes a mess and spreads the food out all over the cage. I just love how they all have their own personality and little quirks.
🤣

It’s not something most of us will have happen because we never feed that many pellets and most of us don’t use bowls

I’m afraid your piggy has far far too many pellets. They should only have one tablespoon per pig per day, never a full bowl that like. It amounts to probably 10-20 pellets per day only.
I personally feed about five pellets and only give them to them two or three times a week.

Don’t feed pellets which have bits of corn mixed in. They are a health risk of choking and breaking teeth. They should should not be in their diet in any event.

Lots of hay is the most important part of the diet. I like to buy a few different types and watch their reactions. Mine love oat hay as a treat as they only get limited pellets as a hand fed treat a couple of times a week. Your little piggies sound such a character 😍

Back