• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Digby has a infection i think HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
have just tried to cut Digbys nails and check his underside and found some white stinky puss, he is fine eating and running about quite happy no change to his personality do I need to take him to the vets today or just bath it any suggetstions please?

Hiya, It is normal for boars to have a white ,sticky and smelly discharge from the genital area. This is a secretion from the anal glands and is more prolific in some boars than others.You can clean the area with a very dilute warm solution of Hibiscrub,but do not try and clean the inside of the anus,clean externally only. Mary

It is like a thick white discharge it really smells awful his op was about a month ago now and the wound healed really well I had it checked twice so i cant understand why it would be his castration. He is really happy and with the girls happily getting to know the new 2 I am just hyper sensitive about everything!

LOL mad panic went to p@home to see if there was anything lol :D 98)
I hate driving but now I have my piggies I am straight out there in a emergency lol 98)

right had another check and it definetly is a opening in his castration wound, I have gently squeezed the puss out and cleaned the area I have also put on some powder for infections he is still happy I will bring him in tonight and keep a very close eye on him

dazie said:
right had another check and it definetly is a opening in his castration wound, I have gently squeezed the puss out and cleaned the area I have also put on some powder for infections he is still happy I will bring him in tonight and keep a very close eye on him

oh bu**er. Poor Digby

I had forgotten that he has recently been neutered,.I do hope the wound heals quickly. Mary

Aww poor Digby if it ets any worse tonight take him to the vets in the morning ;) You might find one that is open untill 12 some do good luck.

awww poor Digby sounds as if an infection has occured in the wound , keeping it clean and pus free will certainly help I use the powder as well

Michellemuffin♥ said:
awww poor Digby sounds as if an infection has occured in the wound , keeping it clean and pus free will certainly help I use the powder as well

Ooo good didnt know if it was a good thing or not. I have squeezed it yuk and it looks pretty clean just hope it heals up, poor little thing is back in hospital cage with towels and fleece again the girls arent happy :( He has eaten all his fresh veg so he is ok at the mo ;) ;)

Oh :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: poor little Digby, he's been thru a lot hasn't he :'(
You're doing a great job love O0 O0 O0

Post neuter abcesses are very common sadly and can crop up months after the original op for some reason.

Keep it flushed out out and clean as you have been and he will need to go to the vets for some antibiotics to get it all cleared up nice and quickly.

well it is looking good today, yesterday it was like a clean wound so I cleaned the area and powdered it, today there is a nice little scab on it he is very happy and eating away he is missing the girls but I have put his hospital cage next to theirs so they can all see eachother :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back