Dig box for colder weather?

eksarahw

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Does anyone have this clear dig box from runaround?
It's a crazy price but I'm tempted if it let's the guinea pigs get outside and stay dry in colder weather?
I'd like to keep pigs in the summerhouse for warmth but don't want them not to see outside/ have any view of the outside world.. 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912-202524_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20220912-202524_Chrome.webp
    67.6 KB · Views: 27
Are you able to let them free roam the summer house floor during the winter daytimes? If so then that will be enough exercise for them. They honestly won’t be bothered at all by not being able to see outside - they cant see far in front of them anyway.
Its a lot of money for a box which is only 2ft x 1ft!

My boys made it out onto the lawn on Sunday but it’s getting close to the time when that’ll be it. They will then just go onto the shed floor for exercise until about April or May.

Last edited:
Isn't it a crazy price? The runaround items all are though..yikes!
Just want to let them have bit of fresh air while keeping dry? Could possibly make an extra area to play on shed floor too yes, would have to do some DIY to secure the shed first! 😀

Personally Id choose to modify the shed than spend that money on a 2ft box which won’t actually provide much for them (they won’t get access to grass and with it being a complete box, I’m not sure how much ventilation and fresh air it would even provide).
I considered run around for my piggy shed and also for my rabbits enclosure but ruled it out on cost (plus in don’t let them out into a run when I’m not there to supervise anyway) and did other things instead. My piggies are moved manually from shed to run in summer, stay in the shed during winter.

I have a stable door and an internal mesh door on my shed. So I can keep the bottom half solid door closed, have the mesh part open on the top for a short while so it ventilates without exposing them to draughts. With a summer house it’s a bit different, but maybe there is something you can do.

My boys used to live in a summer house before I got their current shed.
One of the setups they had (and there have been a few variations over the years!) was the first pic below. Their additional pen was on that side because I didnt open the right hand door much. It was just c&c grids to mark their pen area.

They have different now they have their purpose built shed and have pretty much all the shed floor (and as I mentioned on one of your other threads - they live downstairs in summer but get locked into the upper hutch in winter nights)

Attachments

• 1A139E6E-DFE2-4D51-B57C-F8F5AD1570C4.webp
    1A139E6E-DFE2-4D51-B57C-F8F5AD1570C4.webp
    90.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 8417BA73-4647-4EB9-BBFC-BEE4910C965D.webp
    8417BA73-4647-4EB9-BBFC-BEE4910C965D.webp
    76.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 393DD862-DB37-4B60-BA2A-4A1BCEE353DE.webp
    393DD862-DB37-4B60-BA2A-4A1BCEE353DE.webp
    114 KB · Views: 21
Wow great to see your set up thanks! I know, what a price eh? Just keen for them to get out and get some daylight..Will get my DIY hat on, thanks again for all your help! 😁

Back