Different Types Of Vinegar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Can someone give me some advice,
I'm really keen on using vinegar for cleaning my pigs cages but after spending 10mins in asda looking at the different types of vinegars I'm a bit confused. I've read that 'white' vinegar is best but all they had was malt vinegars. Some were a brown colour and the others were clear. Is white vinegar the clear type, even tho is still says malt? And how much should I use, should it be diluted with water or used neat.
Hope someone can help xx

You can use any type of vinegar to clean with. Malt is cheapest and most people prefer the clear one (white vinegar), as it doesnt stain like the brown version can.

So basically yes clear malt is what you're after but any will do the job.

Oh and i'd dilute it - it was very strong when used in a hutch- i used 50/50 vinegar/water and you could still smell the vinegar a few days later.

Thank you so much, wish they just wrote white vinegar on the bottle, lol x

It's not really important what you use. I use tesco distilled vinegar which is clear. For cleaning I put 50/50 with water into an old spray bottle and it works fine (can also use it to clean sinks shower screens etc! When washing fleeces in use it in the rinse - put it into the dispenser where you'd ordinarily put fabric softener.

It's not really important what you use. I use tesco distilled vinegar which is clear. For cleaning I put 50/50 with water into an old spray bottle and it works fine (can also use it to clean sinks shower screens etc! When washing fleeces in use it in the rinse - put it into the dispenser where you'd ordinarily put fabric softener.
This is right! This is what I use! Works wonders! 20140627_201437.webp 10 mls neat into their litter trays breaks off the hard urine patches within minutes also :)

Wow, I cant believe how well the vinegar cleaned the white wee stains from the bottom of my cage, it was amazing, ive had all sorts of little pets in the past and l have always wondered how to clean the white stains off the plastic, vinegar is the best thing I have ever used. I am so glad I joined this website, I am learning sooooo much. Thank you all x :yahoo::D

It just dissolves the calcium right off doesn't it... its such great stuff! ="joandjim, post: 1633684, member: 117638"]Wow, I cant believe how well the vinegar cleaned the white wee stains from the bottom of my cage, it was amazing, ive had all sorts of little pets in the past and l have always wondered how to clean the white stains off the plastic, vinegar is the best thing I have ever used. I am so glad I joined this website, I am learning sooooo much. Thank you all x :yahoo::D[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back