Different Types Of Bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddey72

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Since I'm only nearly 16, I am looking for a cheap kind of bedding to use. Fleece was good, but difficult to find where I am located. Woodshavings I feel a lil uncomfortable with, as Harvey always rolls his food bowl around (it's heavy China but he still manages it) even when food is in the bowl, which ends up with it on the floor and him refusing to eat it, hay he just eats so it only lasts a few days and I get through a LOT of hay a week! Straw is a big no no, carefresh is too expensive and so is finacard. I am not sure, I'm probably just being picky. But what kind of bedding and stuff do you use? X

I use vetbed. You can have fleece delivered online if you cannot find it near by. They are the only bedding types I would ever use.

I use fitch - it's a paper based bedding which is really soft. Personally I love it and although it's a little on the expensive side I feel it's well worth it. My boys often drag their food out the bowl to eat it off the floor and seem quite happy to still eat it off the fitch.

I have a huge cage so one bale at £17.50 lasts maybe 4 or 5 cage changes, I imagine you could get a lot more out of it if you had a smaller cage. I also find you don't need to clean it out as often as you maybe would other substrates and so lasta longer that way :)

I use finacard, fitch or shavings for the pigs. Vetbed and fleece are too much of a time commitment for me :-)

i mainly use absorbent bedpads with fleece or vetbed/profleece on top, or sometimes i use fitch aswell.

i get fleece off ebay mainly, aswell as profleece. you can also get cheap baby fleece blankets to use aswell. :)

i get fleece from b&m, their pet blankets. They have paw prints on but the piggies dont mind.Seem to wick really well

I use finacard, fitch or shavings for the pigs. Vetbed and fleece are too much of a time commitment for me :-)
i got finacard yesterday and was quite dissapointed. Seemed quite hard or am i just being overprotective? Mine have litter trays

I use fitch - it's a paper based bedding which is really soft. Personally I love it and although it's a little on the expensive side I feel it's well worth it. My boys often drag their food out the bowl to eat it off the floor and seem quite happy to still eat it off the fitch.

I have a huge cage so one bale at £17.50 lasts maybe 4 or 5 cage changes, I imagine you could get a lot more out of it if you had a smaller cage. I also find you don't need to clean it out as often as you maybe would other substrates and so lasta longer that way :)

I second this, I love Fitch, it doesn't smell much at all, it's lovely and soft and good with odour control. I've got four cages to clean out every week and one bale lasts me 3 or 4 clean outs depending on how generous i am with it.

I've tried all sorts before, shavings, megazorb, care-fresh and fleece but Fitch always tops them.

I think if you have one cage to clean out care-fresh is pretty good too as it expands quite a bit.

Here's a link to the Fitch but you have to order it over the phone at the moment.

http://www.fitchrecycling.co.uk/animal-bedding/horse-bedding/single-bale-horse-bedding.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back