Different Coats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzhe123

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi I hope this isn't a daft question. We got two female guinea pigs last Saturday. I've tried to attach a picture. Their coats are quite different to touch. I knew they were not the same age. The black one is a bit older than the ginger one who is around 7-8 weeks old. Anyway I just wondered I the coats change as they get older. The ginger one (Daisy) is quite fluffy and soft whereas the black one (Upsy) is coarser and more like I imagine a guinea pigs might feel.

image.webp

Last edited by a moderator:
In some breeds baby hair can get a bit coarser and stronger as it grows out. From your picture (which I have changed to 'full picture' for you), they look both like smooth shorthairs.

Thanks. The fact I got a tiny pic uploaded was good for me lol! Will be interesting to see how Daisy's coat changes.

Thanks. The fact I got a tiny pic uploaded was good for me lol! Will be interesting to see how Daisy's coat changes.

Once uploaded, you have the choice between "thumbnail" and "full picture" before you post. Please choose "full picture"! ;)

I had a shorthaired pig that felt a bit like stoking a wire brush. He looked like a normal short haired, he just had rough hair. I presume it was some sort of cross breeding thing. He was healthy and happy and lived to around 5. There are so many breeds and you do get a but of a strange mix thrown out now and then x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back