Didn’t think Guinea Pigs could eat Walnuts?

I haven’t bought this 4 pack before but was thinking of doing so until I spotted they contain walnuts. I’m sure I read nuts are not safe?

They cant. Sadly there are quite a lot of commercial treat products which are not suitable.

If you want to buy treats for your piggies, I can recommend Piggie Parcels – Natural Forage Foods. This is a website run by a member of this forum. All forage treats are piggy safe and I can say that my piggies (and bunnies) go mad for them!

I always avoid anything like this it’s such a shame we’ll know pet places make and sell them! The seed ones look even worse!
Forage is defiantly the way forward! Pepper and Pringle love Pepper and Mint!

They really shouldn't eat any of those nuts and seeds sticks. A lot of treats marketed to pets are, sadly, really unhealthy for them.

I agree - these aren't suitable for guinea pigs. I would also endorse piggy parcels forage as that is natural and good for the piggies.

Yes I think the name “naturals” and the mention they are grain free, lead you into a false sense of security. I guess the pigs don’t really need these types of treats anyway, it just makes us feel good! :D

Yes, absolutely this!

My two do love their Piggie parcels forage and that is their treat. Otherwise another treat they enjoy is a herb they shouldn't have a lot of such as parsley or dill (higher calcium levels so not suitable for daily)

Back