Didn't know guinea pigs can be kickers!

Hath

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Piggies are such a complex creatures.... I thought I've seen it all. Even have a chirper!
But watching my 3mts old girls today whilst they were eating their PM veggies, I noticed one stretched her rear and legs towards her sister. Thought it was a stretch and coincidence. But then she did it couple more time, looked like she tried blocking her from her pile of veggies. Never seen that and looked through the forum and closest to it seems to be 'kicking'. But she isn't quite there yet and only stretches her rear/leg. To be honest, her sis is a thief...

They're sweet girls. One is absolutely mental (like Ron would say :))) and does so much zooming and jumping popcorns I didn't know is possible. So sometimes her sis looks fed up when she gets ran into constantly. Then she just joins in and they're both popcorning...
They're my first girls, only ever had boys and boys seem to be more black or white behaviour where I knew what's up straight away.

We're still quarantining them, waiting for full culture for fungus to come back (the 4day DTM came back negative, but we had more dry scabby skin since).

Tell me what other quirks females have! :bronco:

Piggies are such a complex creatures.... I thought I've seen it all. Even have a chirper!
But watching my 3mts old girls today whilst they were eating their PM veggies, I noticed one stretched her rear and legs towards her sister. Thought it was a stretch and coincidence. But then she did it couple more time, looked like she tried blocking her from her pile of veggies. Never seen that and looked through the forum and closest to it seems to be 'kicking'. But she isn't quite there yet and only stretches her rear/leg. To be honest, her sis is a thief...

They're sweet girls. One is absolutely mental (like Ron would say :))) and does so much zooming and jumping popcorns I didn't know is possible. So sometimes her sis looks fed up when she gets ran into constantly. Then she just joins in and they're both popcorning...
They're my first girls, only ever had boys and boys seem to be more black or white behaviour where I knew what's up straight away.

We're still quarantining them, waiting for full culture for fungus to come back (the 4day DTM came back negative, but we had more dry scabby skin since).

Tell me what other quirks females have! :bronco:

Hi

Back leg swipes are very common sow behaviour; especially in groups.
A - Z of Guinea Pig Behaviours
Sows: Behaviour and female health problems (including ovarian cysts)

I've seem a kick once. My RB piggie Annie (she was a tiny piggie) was behind Whisper eating thick piece of hay which keep tapping Whisper's rear end so Whisper kicked her. Poor Annie looked very puzzled but I only saw this once

LOL! Misa kicks things more than other pigs, but she will end up standing on food and booting it out of the way with her back leg. It's pretty entertaining.

Back