Did you train them?

• Thread starter Thread starter guineapiglover
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

guineapiglover

In the photo gallery there are some pics of guinea pigs and the lineing of the cage is like a blanket or fleece. Well on one side of it. Do they know to go on the litter side of the cage to go to the bathroom?Or are they trained?

I have mine litter trained, I just line the cage with newspaper and put a litter pan in the corner , the real challenge is when I get her new friend soon, hopefully the new guinea will play along and fallow what she-ra does

thats not the litter pan she uses now, she uses a regular one now

DSC01869.jpg

My boys poop in corners or in Pudsey's case ontop of his igloo! :o The girls poop in the bowl, I think it's Pearl mostly. She's such a terror! >:D

Poop in the litter tray....so far I've only managed to get the rabbits to do that. The piggies are ....well, piggies! they tend to poo and wee where ever takes their fancy - even in the food bowls and the houses.
Although I've noticed certain piggies using the corners of the hutch more - so special attention I give to those corners, with extra newspaper at the bottom.

I want to litter train my piggies, but I'm not sure how to :-\.
They're on vetbed most the time, and I spot clean every night with a vacuum cleaner, so it would be much easier if they were.
I got two litter trays for Christmas (just like this one(mines blue, but that's irrelevant!))

http://www.dabners.co.uk/cdview/pet_brands_ltd/clt3_s.jpg

and put "Fresh'n'Easy" rodent litter in it.
I thought maybe it was because of the gridish stuff (sorry, couldn't think of a better explanation lol), so I took it out but I still don't think they used it. There were a few poops and it looked like they had peed in it a couple of times, but I think that's cos it was a nice new place to sit!

Do any of you have any advice? :)

do they pee wherever they want?

cause if they do you can't really train them, if they go in just one or two corners theres a good chance, if they do do this make sure the hay is near the litter pan cause they generally pee and poop where they eat hay. if they keep peeing in other corners try putting stuff in the corners, like a pigloo or some wood to chew on, they usually wont pee on there toys

try placing poops and pees in the litter pan as well maybe they will get the hint

like you said try putting like their toys there like an igloo but wat about putting a bed there?would they pee on that?

Nope, they do their business pretty much wherever they want! ::)
Some places tend to be wetter than others, but i don't think that counts!

guineapiglover said:
like you said try putting like their toys there like an igloo but wat about putting a bed there?would they pee on that?
if they normally don't pee on it I dont think they would if you put it there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back