Designs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have finally perswaded my dad to make me a new run! It will have 3 sections, one agaisnt the wall, which will have hutches in and slabs on the ground. And a large run attached to it, the run will be split in two and have a path inbetween the two runs, Which will give me acces to the section were the hutches are. There will be drawbridge doors (slidy one from above) which will give acces to the run from hutch compartment, One to each run. There will only be grass in the runs, appart from toys. The two runs will have lift up lids so i can get in, and so will the bit with hutches. I have a two storey hutch from P@H which will be agaisnt the wall in the centre, i will also make two other runs the full length of the hutch compartment. In the two storey hutch i will probs have 4 pigs, what do you think? On the hutches each side they will be about 2.5ft long, They will house guinea pigs, 2 in each hutch. ONLY FEMALES!

I would like info on keeping dwarf rabbits with guinea pigs, in sepperate hutches, Could even have sepperate runs since ill have two. Would a dwarf rabbit be ok with guinea pigs? Its only a thought, I wont if they wont like to be together!

On rainy days they will have the opportunity to go out on the grass but also could stay in the hutch compartment!

What do you think?

Tom.

Hello, sorry i cant post a plan, Scanner not working. i should be starting to make it on saturday and throughout the 2week holiday. Does B&Q sell wire mesh?

Tom_cat said:
Hello, sorry i cant post a plan, Scanner not working. i should be starting to make it on saturday and throughout the 2week holiday. Does B&Q sell wire mesh?
yes

wickes is the place! Do you think i should have bolt locks and padlocks for security or not?

WOOOOO! I'm definatly building it this weekend, Ill post pigtures of the steps and the final thing!

Tom_cat said:
wickes is the place! Do you think i should have bolt locks and padlocks for security or not?
yup and armed guards with dogs and security lights ;)

Lol, my lil dog is enough, she sits by there hutch and wont let you near

Even Wilkos sells weld mesh at a reasonable price now. Its about £2.99 per roll. Its about 60cm x 2m ish.

Tom_cat said:
Hello,

I would like info on keeping dwarf rabbits with guinea pigs, in sepperate hutches, Could even have sepperate runs since ill have two. Would a dwarf rabbit be ok with guinea pigs? Its only a thought, I wont if they wont like to be together!

What do you think?

Tom.

i dont think so, many guinea pigs have been injured that way.

My 1 & only experience with a netherland dwarf rabbit & a guinea pig was years ago, the first night i put them together the next morning the rabbit had literally "macheted" the guinea pig from his shoulders to rump. He was a right mess :(
Thankfully he lived thru' the ordeal & after that i never had a rabbit & piggy live together but what a way to learn!

I thought it was a bad idea! My guinea pig gave birth today to 1 babie!

i have made it now, Just waiting for my laptop to get repaired so i can post pics

A pigture. In this pigture the gate to the 'shed' is not finished, it now has a board at the bottom half and mesh at the top half.

Pigs.jpg

The run is 6x6ft

It also DOES have a lid

Look forward to seien it done wiv the pigs enjoyin there new home

The piggies will LOVE that!

Keep us updated!

Hello, I'm just treating the wood and making it a nice brown colour, animal safe ofc course, The 'shed' bit at the top is all secure for them to go into on rainy days lol. My dog is OBSESSED with them! I will post further pigtures on a later date, Probs tomoz.

Are you going to put a little door for the guinea pigs to get out or are they going to have the whole door open?
I was just thinking, if the weather gets bad or they get scared they would feel more protected if the big door was shut. You could always put a peice of PVC pipe as a little tunnel/door.

No, the big door is always open if they are in the run and they love running from run to hutch, and i tried with a smaller hole and they wouldnt go through it.

I am going to post them on tonight, bout six. when i get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back